Thursday, Apr 25, 2019
* * * Click HERE for NEWS * * *
Quartet & Chorus|
Competition Entry Form
All Quartets and Choruses must now enter competitions ON-LINE
with the Official Society Contest Entry Process known as "BarberScore"
Competitor entries are handled through the Barberscore contest entry process (www.barberscore.com).
Instructions for registering the quartet in Barberscore are:
Groups other than female, male or mixed choruses that represent a BHS chapter or officially registered BHS female,
male or mixed quartets will not be able to enter any contest until they have been added manually to the Barberscore
program via a Barberscore Admin. "Non-BHS groups" include the following: VLQs, youth quartets, youth choruses, and
community or school choirs. If you wish to enter a contest session for score and/or evaluation only, the process is the same.
Simply gather the following information about your group:
...then email your request (with this information) to have your group added to Barberscore to the DRCJ of the district where you plan to compete.
(For MAD: Gary Plaag firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The "official" group name (it does not have to be unique or "registered" anywhere)
- Location (City, State/Province) of the group
- Contact person (that will serve as the group admin for contest entry) full name & email. If they are a BHS member or BHS associate, provide their BHS ID number.
- Director name (for choruses or choirs). If they are a BHS member or BHS associate, provide their BHS ID number.
- For quartets - the name of each singer and their voice part. If they are a BHS member or BHS associate, provide their BHS ID number - if not, provide their email address.
Once the group's information has been added into Barberscore, the group admin can "enter" the contest via Group Manager in Barberscore
just the same as any other competitor. Of course, they should be selecting only the applicable awards (if any) for the group, otherwise it would be for score/eval only.
Download the PDF of this page!
All competitions held in the Mid-Atlantic District are governed by the rules set forth by the
BHS Board of Directors and by the Mid-Atlantic District Board of Directors.
All contestants shall abide by the rules in effect at the time of the contest.
Rules and Regulations
for any contest are "
The Official BHS Contest Rules", and "Mid-Atlantic District Regulations".
[ All contestants are well advised to be familiar with Section 3 of the current
Good Luck, and we'll see you at the convention!
For questions and information about these programs contact:
M-AD District VP for Contest & Judging
We must adhere to the BHS Youth Policy.
Each competitor must submit a Youth Participation Form
if they wish to participate in a BHS activity.
||THE BARBERSHOP HARMONY SOCIETY|
© 2019 Mid-Atlantic District BHS, INC.
Contact the WebmasterMidAtlanticDistrictcom for additional information.
This page was last updated on Feb 16, 2018
Link for this page: